Lillian latest claim is that she wants to be a doctor but only after she goes to little girl school and then big girl school and goes to college and plays and is a princess too......oh and dont forget wanting to be an animal doctor LOL.
She has been wanting to play doctor alot and she uses little scraps of paper or whatever she finds around imrpovising. I told her she could save up money to buy a kit and she agreed she wanted to. As she was again pretending and I thought about it I realized those little kits are 10-20 dollars for junk when we have plenty of realistic stuff around here. I had just received a stethoscope in the mail that I had ordered because I wanted to try listening to my own lungs for signs of problems brewing. I asked her if she wanted to make one out of some stuff and she was very excited.
So her 'official' kit contents for now are:
box of bandaids, nasal spray, bottle of homeopathic teething tablets (all empty)
gauze pad & an ace bandage
medicine droppers and cups
and empty plastic syringe that just had saline in it
the plastic part of an inhaler without medicine cylinder
a little device you breathe into that I no longer use for treatments
and of course the stethoscope
She has all her accessories in a little zip up bag and carries it around with her stethoscope its too cute. I have two roles that I have to pretend I either get to be the broken girl or the sick girl! She uses her stethoscope to listen to everything from your head to your ankle and then normally you have to drink 'really yucky medicine' and get a shot that will 'only hurt a little bit'.
This morning I got to be the sick girl so I decided to act like I was afraid of the doctor and I told her that she had to explain everything to me so I wouldnt be scared. I was very impressed with her logic when it came time for me to blow into the little breathing treatment thing. She said "you need to this so you can get more air in and you will feel better" which is such a good thought pattern for her little age I thought. I dont believe its because of my lung disease or treatments because we never talk about that stuff just that I have to do my medicine so I dont get sick. Sometimes I forget that all this pretend play can actually teach them something.
No comments:
Post a Comment