Wednesday November 29th, 2006
We had an ultrasound yesterday, they do them further along if you have gestational diabetes to check on the size of the baby. She looked really great! She is very much on the small side, not sure where she gets that from as neither Jared nor I are small and while I have kept the gestational diabetes under control with my diet it should have made her fatter if anything. We were 37weeks1day yesterday and she was measuring 35weeks2day and weighing in at 5lbs8oz. Average for 37 weeks would be 6-7lbs. They said that at this far along the ultrasounds are not really accurate as they can be +/- 2 weeks in their estimate so she is still within normal range and the weight even said that it can be +/- 13 oz which is almost a pound. Our friends just had a baby boy 9lbs2oz and Jared thought that baby was small so he sounded worried when I told him the size of our little one. I just hope he isn't afraid of how small she is if she does end up being tiny. HOpefully I can keep her put for another week or so to allow her to put on some more weight, they said they are gaining about 1/2 a pound a week at this point! The best part of the ultrasound today was that she was putting on a show, she was blinking, opening her eyes and moving them around like she was looking for something and sticking her tongue out really far and licking her lips and swallowing a lot. She also did a huge smile a couple times (the ultrasound people were ones that noticed so it is not just a proud hopeful mom thing, they rewound the video and showed me as I hadn’t caught it, ok maybe it just 'looked' like a smile but still)-- even they were surprised by what we were seeing. They said it doesn’t happen too often you get to see all that so they stayed on her face for over 5 minutes just watching, it was WONDERFUL and you could tell they both loved babies because they were ooing and ahing and laughing with me! It was the best and I had tears in my eyes, it was the first time I felt like I was watching a little person instead of some bleary grainy images of what would someday be our daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment