Thursday, November 30, 2006

House Remodel

Well as always Jared and I were working on finishign up the house remodeling. About 2 weeks before thanksgiving Jared got the upstairs completed to a point where we were finally able to move back into our upstairs. Just moving all our stuff around from basement to upstairs and regaining use of our whole house was quiet an ordeal. Then it was time to start on the final leg of our journey, the kitchen! By this point we were both so sick of working on the house we wanted to just move out or burn it down but on the other hand we were so close to being done after so many years of working on it. I was honestly having a stress fit over the fact that it wasnt done and I was worried it would not be done in time for the baby, I even threatened to hire a contractor -- to which Jared countered to hire a mover, just for himself! So we started tearing apart the kitchen about a week before thanksgiving and worked on it every night. Jared was so tired because he was very busy at work and then he woudl come home and night and work on the house, at one point we just had to take a day off. Since the meds were keeping my contractions at bay I was also able to help but what I am able to help with is very limited. It was our goal to fix and redo the walls, refinish the cabinets, paint/wallpaper everything, put in a new floor. While this doesn't sound like much, at least I thought it was pretty minor compared to other jobs he has done it was ALOT of work. So we had our kitchen torn apart and I was so strssed she woudl come while it was still that way but we thankfully had the 4 day holiday weekend and finished all the major work up. Like the rest of the house there are still small things that need done here or there but for the most part it is DONE! All the work we have left on the house are small items that can be done in an hour here or there or at most on a day on the weekend. I am so thrilled we have accomplished so much and I finally feel at peace like we have a really nice home to 'come home to' with our new baby.

No comments: