Friday, April 27, 2007

We're 4 Months Old!

Well how time flies when you are having fun! Each monday I thinl "oh boy, it's monday, gonna be a long week" then next thing I know it's friday! I dont know where all the time is going but as it is speeding by our daughter is ever changing and growing. I sometimes think if I blink she will be all grown up.

Well it seems that one day an outfit will fit her and the next day it doesn't! At her 4 month appoitnment she weighed in at 13lbs14oz and 24.25'' long both of which are now in the 50-75% range. Since she has went up a curve each visit at birth, 2mo, and 4mo and she is on about same place for height and weight the doctor is very happy with her growth--as are we! She is getting so chubby she has arm and elbow rolls and I call her legs her quadriceps because she has 4 rolls just from the knee up!

She is really starting to blossom in the personality department. She smiles ALL THE TIME! She still talks alot. Her daycare teacher says she will fixate on one child who interests her and yell and scream at them to try and get their attention. She is very alert and looks at everything, she preferrs to stand up so she can interact more and see more, try cuddling her to limit her view and she will let you know she is not happy! She can laugh and giggle now which I love.

In the milestones department she is acing all her tests. She can sit up holdign your hands and do wonderful or you can just hold a hand on her to keep her from going forward and she does the rest. She has been rolling from belly to back for a long time and now goes from back to belly though she does this best when angry (usually about getting dressed) and she still ends up with the one arm pinned under her. She can track and grab objects, which immediately head towards mouth! She is also getting some more complexity to her 'talking' with different sounds added in there. She does the laughing with occasional giggles or squels which are the best!

On the teething issue we were afraid she was teething for a while. She woudl scream in pain and not be herslef at all and if I put orajel on gums she would calm down and be happy again. She has a white spot on her gum but it is not on the ridgeline like a tooth would be. Doctor said it might be a cyst which some say are related to teeethign and others deny but it is very common and can cause pain like teething. So at this point it might be signs early teethign or it might not! Hopefully for my sake not!

We are so in love with our darling daugther. We just cant imagine our life without her. Sometimes working full time can seem like a bit much but I just look at her and melt. I know this is exactly what I wanted and I dont htink I have ever been happier with my life.

Lillian featured in Jeans dress and t-shirt that we picked for all the grandkids to wear for mothers day photos that we got done for Grandma Tanya. She had a great time hamming it up in front of the cameras, cousins Darren and Aylanna were not as thrilled to be there . The photos turned out great.

No comments: