Thursday, January 01, 2009

Out with 08 and in with 09

Our biggest family event occured in the world of our finances. During 08 we have gotten together on the same page with a common goal and have had alot of success. As a result of our new beliefs and re-prioritizing our life we have paid off all lingering doctor/dentist bills, our credit cards, and 1 of 2 student loans. We have also paid off a good amount on our house for the purposes of refinancing and established a decent size emergency fund. Our goals for 2009 will be to become consumer debt free (this excludes the house), meet with a financial planner, and establish wills.

We, as you can see from the content of the rest of the blog, really enjoy being parents. It definately suits us. Family time is very precious for us, we enjoy the little things. Lillian is a great joy and our only concern is figuring out if and when she should have a sibling---that is a goal for 2009 (figuring it out not having one)!

Jared's new job as the team leader of the new IT group has been going well. Initially it was a bit of a shock because noone else in the group was fully trained or functional so he was basically on call all the time and being called ALL the time. Now that his other group members are up to speed they rotate on call and whether you get called seems to go in spurts so things overall are much more manageable now.

My job is pretty challenging and enjoyable and is going well. I require alot of new tasks and challenges to stay motivated and this job definately does that. I have taken on more of an administrative role this year and am in the process or revising/revamping a number of policies and systems. Once we have the new groundwork all in place I hope to get back onto the bench doing some labwork a bit more. This year has shown me that I can be happy in a job being a 'paper pusher' just so long as it is not routine paperwork which I was pleased and surprised to discover.

My health was a bit rough this year but now I believe everything is under control. I have changed clinics and now go to an adult specialized clinic in a larger town. The good news is with all the challenges I have had this year my lungs appear to have rebounded well and just two weeks ago at a check-up I received the best lung function numbers I have ever had and they are above normal for 'anyone'. I am considering entering a phase 3b (they have already completed one phase 3 trial) clinical trial for a drug that has shown some remarkable abilities. Hopefully 2009 is smooth sailing.

This year we have enjoyed/marveled/accomplished: (last names withheld)

Visiting: grandma Margaret's, Denise's, Dave&Lisa's, Aunt Gayle's, Gary&Mary Keith&Jenny's, Caitlin&Josh, Grandma Juanita, Grandma Donna's, Grandma Tanya's.

Our summer vacation with Jason & Tami

Our get together with most of the sibs and cousins for Jared's side

Our date nights out alone seldom but enjoyed

Our shopping trips as a family

watching Lillian take 'ownership' of the dogs and really learn to play with and love on them

thanksgiving at our house

Lillian's 2nd birthday

christmas eve at our house

learning how to edit, compile, and compose about 4 years worth of videos

getting more clients for digital rescue

building a bon-fire pit in the back yard

building a shed

having the guts to start attending spinning, kick boxing, balance ball, and bosu classes

building a video/tv/picture/music data center computer in the living room

our new favorite snack became frozen blueberries with milk poured over them and watching Lillian do the 'blueberry dance' in order to get some

Grandma's 95th birthday part and another mini vacation with Jason & Tammi
Lillian likes to watch Mash whenever daddy denies her requests for elmo or wiggles--somehow she knows he is more likely to give in to this request

we cancelled our cable subscription and have started having more quiet family time and watching more movies, this is a trial, we will see if Jared survives he is going through withdrawl

No comments: