Mommy needed a haircut too so we went after work on friday to visit with Aunt Jenny, Grandma, and Caitlin and get our hair cut. It was a regular girl's night out, since friday is video game night for Daddy.
I went first then came the real fun. Trying to convince a wriggly 8 month old to sit in one spot long enough to snip the back of her hair. Of course she was much more interested in the mirror, the scissors, and especially the comb! She loves combs and every night after her bath I comb her hair and I let her play with the comb afterward so I have enough time for lotion, diaper, and dressing; in hindsight maybe that wasn't the best idea?
We don't intend on keeping her hair short. She had a few wispy strands in the back that were super long compared to all the rest. Those extra strands would get stuck in her lovely little 'neck roll' and they looked a bit stringy. But they were long and so cute so I was sad to see them go, now that it's done it does look better and it will all be able to grow long at the same rate now. Of course I saved them and intend to keep them along with other firsts: first boootie, first picture, first outfit for coming home, first tooth etc and then I will do a shadow box of them.
Our little girl is getting all these 'firsts' out of the way too quickly!
I like this chair, now what?
Mommy got her hair done, now's my turn.
Better be quick cousin Caitlin, this comb won't last forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment