I got a call from daycare on Tuesday September 18th that Lillian was runnign a temperature of 101.5. They reported that she was fussy off and on during morning (very unusual for her) and didnt really want to eat so they put her down for a nap and when she woke up she was very hot. So, I left in middle of my experiment to pick her up from daycare. I fully expected it was her teeth since she had been drooling alot lately. When I showed up she seemed unphased and was playing and smiling. I asked them if nothing developed overnight and her fever went away if I could bring her back next day since I didnt think she seemed sick.
BOY was I wrong! I could tell within an hour she was definately sick. She was so cranky. That night once she woke up at her normal first rousing time of the night (11pm) she came to bed with us and then about 3am she was nursing I thought oh my gosh she is on fire! We took her temp, 104.6! Of course I had to drag out my 'what to expect first year' book, what a lifesaver that is. I read about fevers because i was trying to decide if I should call doctor, by this time she was awake so I took her PJ's off and let her play in her room with me until 4:30am and I watched her temperature drop alot right after giving her tylenol so I did not call.
The next morning I called Pediatrician who said if fever lasted more than 3 days or got above 105 to bring her in. Everything is goign around since kids just started school so a fever is no big deal to them but it surely is to the new parent!
The fever lasted tuesday, wednesday, thursday and was peaking close to 105 but not quite, I got a reading of 104.6 a number of times though. Thursday the fever went down so I thought we were through the worst of it. She was still feverish friday so we took her in. Of course, by the time they took her temp it was normal and she seemed better. Shortly after we got home from the doctors office her rash came out. She was still out of sorts the rest of the weekend and too crabby to go to daycare on monday. She went to daycare on teusday but Jared had to leave to pick her up half way through the day as she was so tired and fussy off and on. She slept most of the day, went back to daycare on wednesday and did fine.
The worst part of it all was about three weeks later when verbatim same thing happened except it started on a thursday and Jared was stick as well. He toook off thursday friday with her and I took off monday tuesday wednesday. I took her to the doctor and they though Roseola but since you cant have it twice and they never saw the rash come out last time they said hard to know which time was or was not roseola and lots of viral illness's can make the young ones get rash's. Fun it was not! Thought it did not seem as severe the second time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment