Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Santa Claus Here We Come

We have had the worst luck trying to see santa this year. Being this is the first year she understands I had my heart set on her going....ok ok she did two but I really wanted that pictures! After getting wrong dates or times from TWO stores prior and then the mall telling me the wrong hours we finally made it to the north pole....errr the Mall.

It broke my heart when she was sobbing and crying real tears after I got her all excited to see him the first time and then he wasn't there! Unfortunately, Jared had to repair the car and it took longer than expected so he couldn't go but we had promised so mom braved the crowded mall the day before xmas eve to see santa. We are having a christmas eve party plus there was NO way we were waiting through the crowds on Christmas eve. Last year santa had helpers that handed out pagers and you could go back when they were ready for you, this year they had the bank teller style lines set up and you waited and waited and waited. I think during that wait Lillian got to witness every bad behavior possible from a child (and me from the parents), luckily despite it being late she did remarkably well. Mental note do NOT to wait... repeat NOT wait....repeat DO NOT WAIT until the last minute again.

Anyway it was a wonderful santa visit, on the way I still wasn't sure if we were picking up Jared so I kept telling her we had to go to uncle keith's house for a minute and she kept saying "No UncKeith house, I wanna go santa house". It was really cute. I don't know where she got the house part so I decided why fight it and just told her the mall was his house---for this year that will work. I was actually very pleased with the santa, he had a real beard, great skin tone, and was the right weight all on his own, he might have had some padding or makeup on but I couldn't tell. After a brief moment of hesitation she was wanted to sit on his lap. She smiled, hugged him when he asked for it, he told her he loved her and she said it back which was so cute, then she told him bye-bye. He gave her a coloring book which she was really excited about, evidentially because it was from Santa, because she is not a fan of the ones we have at home. She talked about him for the rest of the evening and wanted to know where he went. I will try to post the pictures soon.

No comments: