Lillian got some safety scissors for Christmas and was excited to practice with them so we started out with a paper craft which was great because she got alot of time in cutting which she didnt need help with and I got alot of organizing started. Here is her finished work of art which according to her is "a cookie monster (because he has big googley eyes) and she drew his head with marker and then the blue marks next to his head are a cookie since that is his favorite but its blue because he is blue and that's his favorite color"---so there you have it!
Next up she wanted to pull out all the stuff we use to make crafts and make something. She decided on popsicle sticks. We haven't made anything completely out of those before they are usually just an accessory to our foam work and the only thing her non-creative mommy could think of was a cup or box since I have seen those made before so thats what we set out to do. Originally I was thinking a tall cup that we could put pencils in or something but it morphed into more. Lillian picked out the sticks she wanted in what order and helped to lay them down and I manned the glue gun and stuck it all together as best I could. She decided this was a box for Daddy. She was very pleased to be making him a present since she has been pretending to wrap up her stuff and give it to me as a 'surprise' ever since her birthday. I asked her if she wanted to decorate the outside and boy did she, other than the suggestion of adding 'Daddy' it was all her doing and it turned out so cute! Here is her finished product which she is BURSTING with pride over (excuse the crummy pictures)
Unfortunately, an injury was obtained in the making of this product! I had been adding the glue and Lillian was carefully adding the decorations. Before I could tell her I should do the letters she went to jab down the D and well..........here was the result (her finger is fine now):
:
I should have taken pictures of all the 'craft' junk I had but here is the table when I was part way into it. I have these stackable wooden mini-trunks that I had packed with stuff, a front closet with the green bins which were my initial organizing attempt, her gray treasure chest full of odds and ends, and junk drawers packed with paint brushes, plus bendaroos and more art stuff from Christmas.
Before: a partial story.......
After: I just bought this rolley cart for her closet that I wanted to store puzzles and blocks so, at least for now I found the purpose for the third drawer. Each little plastic zip bag is labeled with the contents and divided according to type of stuff so *hopefully* if we want to do stickers I can just pull out that zippie case etc. And yes, Mel I do need a p-touch for labeling :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment