So it's a week after our first call for a placement. I'm wondering where that little girl is, who is taking care of her. Overall I think I am having 'blue car syndrome' only for kids that are neglected or abused. Everywhere I look I see kids not taken care of, tragic stories of a lack of parenting skills, and it breaks my heart. The breakdown of our families is tragic.
The other night at prayer meeting I had something happen, they had a mic up and said that if anything was weighing especially heavy on your heart to come up and pray with everyone about it. Many had come up and I had children not being taken care of weighing heavy on my heart I had decided I really needed to quit being hesitant and speak to what was on my heart and have others pray for these poor children. As I was walking up to the mic our pastor started out a spontaneous prayer, I got a chill and had tears running down my cheeks when I heard him say "We'd like to lift up the parents who have abandoned their post and quit taking care of their children....." he went on to say a lot of great things and he was dead on target with what I was thinking.
So, we've only been licensed for a couple weeks and we've had one call. I'm wondering when we will get the next call, who it will be about, if it will be the right child for us and just what God has in store for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment