Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Beta Test Results

As mentioned in the previous post the dr's office was supposed to call me to let me know that they had left the results of our test on the home answering machine so that we could get the results at the same time and so that I would not find out at work. Well, that didn't work out so smoothly, when the nurse called me she blurted out the results before I could stop her. So, there I am tuesday trying to concentrate on completing some training and all hopes of concentration were shattered. I was very unhappy and decided to have her call the home phone so I could feign ignorance and still listen to the result with Jared. Well, we made a couple stops on the way home and I was being WAY to patient so the gig was up Jared knew I had found out. But, with such great news who can be unhappy?

So, on 4/11 our result was 40 miu HCG (pregnancy hormone) anything above 15 is positive, and we were told our number was 'good', they took another test on 4/13 at which time it should have increased by about 80%, ideally doubling, our second result was 99 miu HCG! That is a great result so our next test will be an ultrasound on 4/27 at which point they will be able to see if there is one baby or two growing.

No comments: