Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Possibly Pregnant?


Picture this, I had been taking a home pregnancy test (HPT) each morning for 4 days in the hope that the first one would be negative (ensuring when I got a faint line developing we would know we were pregnant) then obsessively taking them each morning - just incase, so finally tuesday, the morning of the beta, I did the same routine, get up, do a hpt and then there were 2! Yep, two lines, actually a line and a + sign! It showed up right away and I was so excited I jumped on the bed and woke Jared up. We had a little celebration but agreed not to get too excited until we got back our beta numbers. Yeah, right!

I had been having symptoms but because we were injecting progesterone hormones every night I had convinced myself I was stark raving mad that I couldn't possibly be having symptoms within the first two weeks and decided to not trust my instincts -- even though by tuesday mornings positive test I was pretty sure I was correct! Oh, and alot of IVF'ers experience symptoms way earlier than in normal pregnancy because a) you are looking for every little symtom and b) you are already so hopped up on hormones.

So. we would have to wait all day to get home and hear the results of our blood test, which were to be left on the answering machine so that we could find out together, and to confirm whether or not I was indeed sane.

I am sure you can see the positive on the hpt, right? Ok, so it is was hard to see but it is there, had to photo shop a more distinct+ onto it. Yes, I took a picture of it, come on I had been waiting three years to see one of those things light up!

No comments: