I have a 'thing' for letting her do this, I dont really remember being able to stomp in mud puddles. Perhaps due to my being a self-induced adult too early or maybe I was told 'no' before---I really dont remember. My thinking on this is, it's fun for her, it doesnt hurt her and as long as she asks and we aren't getting ready to go anywhere what is the harm? I would like a bit of tomboy nature in her anyway.
If I had a house full of kids wanting to do that.........or a perfect home that had to stay just so......or carpet.........or I didnt buy 99% of her clothes from garage sales maybe I would feel different but really for me, at least now, its not a big deal. Normally I take her in, rinse off her boots and pants, throw them in the to be washed pail and change her into her PJ's a bit early. Plus, she really loves it. I read in a kids developmental psychology book that it makes them feel 'big' because they can see a big effect with the splashing, they can see their impact, and they can learn cause and effect.
so I guess this is one of my small attempts to not rub that off on her.
All has went really well before tonight..............
She got more than she bargained for.................................................................
See what I mean??
She definately learned cause and effect here----
Cause: Getting overly into stomping and trying to make a bigger splash!
Effect: Making a TOTAL body splash down on her hands and knees!
2nd Effect: Mom will hold your hand and walk home with you but won't carry you (she wasnt hurt at all). She was actually fine with it once we talked about it, she was interested to see it had gotten in her face, on her hands and just about soaked through everything on her bottom, after that she happily walked home.
I got her to pose by telling her we needed to show all her grandparents her big splash--she liked that! Now I just hope she doesnt intend any repeat performances this involved a coat washing and mini bath!
No comments:
Post a Comment