Poor Lillian who loves to be outside is stuck with two parents who hate the cold and also just so happen to live in MICHIGAN! We have been trying to do a better job at letting her explore the snow. She doesnt like the limited mobility but always asks to go outside for 'just a little bit' or walk 'just a little bit'. Its cute and often works.
We took her sledding for the first time in January, it was a heavy fresh snow fall. We had never bought a sled before and lesson learned, dont wait until January almost everyone is out and those who do have sleds left you have your choice of the $3 feel every bump in your path tailbone crusher or the expensive go really fast sled every kid at the hill wants. Of course Jared went with the later. Lillian wasnt sure what to make of the sledding at first. She was definately a bit freaked out the first time but then wanted to go again...but only with Daddy! Eventually she saw another little girl about 3 going down by herself and wanted to 'go by myself'. So we took her to a spot where the snow was mounded and she would go slow...so slow in fact she wasnt moving so we tried to give her a bit of a push while I was walking in front of her less the sled did start moving and she fell backwards...she was not amused and hadnt quiet grasped the holding on part. She still wanted to go by herself again but we convinced her that mom was a safe bet and eventually she was won over. Unfortunately I put my feet down as we got to the bottom because we had migrated into a well worn path and were FLYING and the snow flew up in her face---again not amused.
Despite a less than spectacular first trip out she continues to ask to go back so we shall see. I try just pulling her around the yard and block in the sled but she's not a big fan, she would rather run around.
After the big snow fall that we went sledding on was melting during a 'heat wave' this month I took Lillian outside to play in the snow---that's more my style when you arent freezing! We made her first snowman which she aptly named 'snowman'. The next day she was very excited to go check on him when we got home. She ran up to him, grabbed his eye out (a grape) and popped it in her mouth and looking very pleased with herself said 'mmm snowman's good, I want more'. I was horrified and asked her jokingly if she was eating him, she continued to be proud of herself for her accomplishment and proceeded to tell Jared while looking for the other eye (which had melted and rolled to the ground which I quickly covered with some grass).
The next day she was very excited once again to see her snowman but upon arriving home the only sign left was a wet and dirty scarf---she still hasnt figured that one out! She wanted to know where he went, what he was doing, try explaining melting to a 2 year old--beats me. So we told her he had to go away it was too warm and he could come back when it was cold again. She picked up his scarf and wanted to wear it, once I had convinced her that it was too wet and yucky she said we had to take it in so Daddy could wash it for him (the snowman). Very cute.
We just got a fresh snowfall so here are a few pictures from this week. This was when there still wasnt alot, we probably have 6-8 inches now.
She discovered some of her toys still work in the snow, she loves this teeter totter and her slide if I wipe it off first. I have convinced her that the stroller, car, and wagon are broken because its too cold--I wonder how long that will work? There is no way I am pushing a stroller through 1/2 a foot of snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment