Lillian loves to sing, tonight she was in a big singing mood when we got ready for bed. She sings along and requests various songs, some we have learned off a kids song CD I bought, others are just the typical nursery rhyme ones. Tonight I tried singing really quiet and delayed to most of them to see what she knew.
She can sing with surprising accuracy (at least 80-90%):
twinkle twinkle
jingle bells (a shortened version I always sing with her)--this also happens to be her favorite
ABC's including the ending verse of next time wont you sing with me, she gets K/L and then picks back up on P/Q most of the time
rock a bye baby
ring a round the rosies
There are a few more I will have to try out later.
She sings ring a round rosies alot, in fact we were headed to a christmas party in december and she sang it at least 30 times straight so Jared started putting in funny words about elephants or singing different songs and she would say, " no daddy sing---no elephant-----no no no ring a rosie daddy and on and on" after none of that seemed to be working and she was frustrated she said very loud, "NO JARED, NO SING"! That didnt go over well with 'daddy' as you might imagine. So now we have taught her our names but whenever I say Jared she says, "mommy say Jared I say DADDY" with alot emphasis, it's very cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment