May 31st
Had my first perinatologist (high risk ob - peri) appointment today. Everything with the baby looked great! I first had an appointment with Bronson ultrasound so they could check on the baby and ensure that all looked ok. The baby was 4cm long and heart was beating at 171 bpm, both are right on track. The sac was very large about 3X as long as the baby and She/He was bouncing back and forth from end to end and was not about to stay still it was very amazing and cute. I had expected a little body kind of in a 'stasis' mode I guess just floating here and there.
The appointment was a nightmare because it took so long, first I had the ultrasound at 9 so I showed up at 8:30, then I had to meet with the nurse to go over my history, family history, etc, that took forever. The doctor still wasnt there, she was stuck in a huge traffic accident on the highway so they gave me the option of coming back after lunch ~ 1.5 hours or rescheduling but I would have had to see the other doctor and I needed to talk about my work situation so I really wanted to see DrH so I got some lunch and waited around. She was finally there, but then wanted me after the appointment to go get a 1 hour glucose tolerance test, at this point I just called work and said I wouldn't be back. So by the time I got out of the lab it was 3:15pm so I literally spent all day at the hospital!
Even though it was hectic the appointment went well. My doctor, Dr.H, is a female and I love love her! There is also a male in the practice, a very old man, I am going to try and avoid seeing him as he is ok and very capable but I don't think I will like him as much from things I have heard. Dr.H seems to understand and be fine with that. She agreed with me and the RE that the lab is no place for a pregnant woman and wrote a note saying I would need an alternate assigment for the duration of pregnancy and that I was not to work with or around any chemical not proven safe in pregnancy thus cinching up any loopholes they may have tried to use, she even asked me what she should write.
I will be seeing them about every 2-3 weeks until I am further along. This is way more than I realized so she recommended filling out FMLA forms so that the time would be covered as they don't have early or late appointments to work around my schedule.
__________________________________________________________________
Symptom Update: Since about 10.5 weeks the nauseau has slowed down and I can eat almost normally but now I am getting headaches alot, hopefully it is just my body adjusting to the hormone fluctuations.
No comments:
Post a Comment