Wednesday May 24, 2006 - Last SHOT!!
PIO stands for Progesterone in Oil and it is a medication that we used for IVF. We have been injecting it nightly since we did the egg retrieval--that's 10 weeks ago! When they retrieve your eggs they are unable to leave the follicles which contain the eggs behind, this follicle is what would normally remain in your ovary and produce progesterone during the beginning stages of a pregnancy until the placenta is sufficiently developed to take over which happens around8-10 weeks in your pregnancy.
So, Jared has been injecting a 1.5 inch needle into my bum each night containing 1cc of liquid which is a thick oil. So then you have to apply pressure to reduce bruising, rub it in, then walk around to work it into your system. It makes you very sleepy and in hindsight I think increases the nauseau factor. We have been doing these long enough I have huge knots on both sides of my bum so the shots are starting to get very annoying and makes me a bit sore, kind of like I have a bruised bum on both sides. I won't miss these shots a bit!
No comments:
Post a Comment